What Is Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a system of natural health care that has been in worldwide use for over 200 years. Homeopathy treats each person as a unique individual with the aim of stimulating their own healing ability. A homeopath selects the most appropriate medicine based on the individual’s specific symptoms and personal level of health.
It is recognized by the World Health Organization as the second largest therapeutic system in use in the world. While it is most popular in India and South America, over thirty million people in Europe, and millions of others around the world, also benefit from its use.
Homeopathy is a system of natural medicine that uses micro-doses of natural remedies from the plant, animal and mineral kingdoms to stimulate the body’s self-healing abilities. It is based on the principle of “like cures like” where a substance that causes symptoms in a healthy person can be used to cure those same symptoms in a “sick” person.
Homeopathy is a holistic practice which treats the symptoms of the body and mind as a totality. Homeopaths recognize that symptoms of ill-health are expressions of disharmony within the whole person, and that the whole person needs treatment, not just the isolated symptoms of a particular illness. This will ensure cure on a mental, emotional and physical plane that is non-invasive, gentle, quick, safe and permanent. Homeopathic medicine can be used preventatively, for chronic conditions as well as for acute conditions.
Homeopathy works in harmony with your immune system. Unlike some conventional medicines, which suppress the immune system. For example, cough medicines suppress the cough reflex, which is your body’s attempt to clear the lungs and etc.
If you suffer from health issues such as asthma, fear, anxiety, depression, infertility and related women’s issues, migraine headaches, ADHD and related issues, children’s issues and growth, eczema and psoriasis, arthritis , joint and muscle pain, men’s health issues, allergies, contact Holistic Solutions Center today and start the road to recovery.
Homeopathy is a medical technique that represents truthfully the Hippocratic tradition and supports the following principles:
- The individual is seen as a whole person, and both the physical and psychological dimensions are taken into account;
- The environment an individual lives in is recognized as being inextricably linked to his or her health ;
- The first rule of therapeutic care is to do no harm and protect the body from unnecessary distress.
Homeopathic medicines support and stimulate the body’s natural repair and defense mechanisms.
Why try homeopathy?
What Does the Word Homeopathy Mean?
“Homeopathy” combines two Greek words: homoios (“similar”) and pathos (“illness”). Together, they describe what homeopathic medicines do, i.e., treat using “what is similar to the illness.”
Is Homeopathy Considered to be a Natural Medicine?
Homeopathy uses natural substances derived from plant, mineral and animal sources. But homeopathy is also considered to be a natural form of medicine because it works in conjunction with the body, supporting and stimulating its built-in defence mechanisms to fight illness.
What Kind of Conditions Homeopathy Can Treat?
Homeopathy is a therapeutic method used to treat a wide range of common ailments such as the flu, colds, digestive problems, muscle aches, allergies, stress and so forth.
Can Homeopathic Medicines Can be Used to Treat Recurring Conditions?
Yes. When dealing with a chronic condition, such as allergies or herpes, homeopathic treatment aims to reduce the intensity and frequency of episodes or outbreaks.
Do Homeopathic Medicines Act Quickly?
Yes. When used for acute, occasional illnesses, homeopathic medicines can take effect very quickly, especially if administered as soon as symptoms appear. For chronic conditions such as asthma, migraines, allergies and rheumatism, longer treatments are needed to see sustained relief.
Are Homeopathic and Traditional Medicines Compatible?
There are generally no contraindications between traditional and homeopathic medicines when taken simultaneously. If you are unsure about a specific combination, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
Although homeopathy is effective on its own in treating a variety of conditions, your health care professional may also prescribe other non-homeopathic products that act in a complementary manner.
Who Can Benefit from Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is an ideal form of treatment for the whole family – from infants to the elderly, and everyone in-between. It is extremely effective in the relieving common conditions (coughs, colds, flu-like symptoms, teething, muscle pain, etc.), as well as chronic ones (asthma, anxiety, fatigue, depression, arthritis, etc.).
How to take Homeopathic Medicine?
- Avoid Touching the Medicine. Make sure that your hands are free of strong odors. Shake directly into your mouth, or use a disposable plastic spoon. The Homeopathic medicine should be taken sublingually or dissolved under the tongue.
- The Mouth Should be Substance Free. When taking the medicine, the mouth should be free from food, liquid, gum, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. Avoid eating, drinking, or brushing your teeth for twenty minutes before and after taking the medicine. In acute situations, rinse your mouth very well with water if it is not possible to adhere to this.
- Protect the Medicine. Direct sunlight, heat over 110 degrees (such as a car in summer) and strong odors will often destroy a medicine before you even take it. Avoid wearing perfume when you take a medicine.
- Discard Spilled or Transferred Medicine. If, by accident, some of the medicine should spill from its container, do not return it to the container. Discard it. Do not transfer the medicine to other containers or bottles that have contained other substances. Do not reuse the containers when they are empty, as they may still carry medicinal properties.
Why do I have to Let the Pellets Dissolve under my Tongue?
When taken sublingually, the ingredients in the pellets go directly to your bloodstream, which then immediately carries them to the rest of your body. If you swallow or chew them, they must pass through the digestive system before they can start to take effect.
Ways Homeopathic Medicines May be Antidoted
The everyday items on this list are antidotes that will cancel the effects of your Homeopathic Remedy and should be avoided.
- Coffee. Coffee frequently antidotes Homeopathic medicines, occasionally after only one cup. Coffee has a drug effect which can bring back the old state even many months or years after successful homeopathic treatment. Please avoid it. Decaffeinated coffee will also antidote. Please also avoid coffee flavored foods and drink (Kahlua, coffee ice cream, coffee yogurt etc.) Black tea, herb teas, Coca Cola and other caffeine containing substances generally will not antidote unless you are taking them in large quantities or are specially sensitive to them.
- Camphor. Skin or mucous membrane application of camphor may antidote medicines. Avoid anything that has significant amounts of camphor, such as deep heat rubs, liniments, Vicks, Ben Gay, Tiger Balm, Carmex, nail polish, Noxema products, some massage compounds, some cosmetics, many lip balms (Chapstick, Blistex etc.), some Chinese candies, most cough lozenges and others. Even though ingredients don’t specifically list camphor (ie lip balm) they often have camphor substances such as Mentholatum. Generally, the mere smelling of camphor is not enough to cause a medicine to be antidoted. Also avoid Tea Tree Oil, Eucalyptus, Listerine, and mothballs.
- Anything to Which You Are Particularly Sensitive: Avoid any food, chemical, or substance which you know causes severe reactions in your particular system–i.e., hives or skin eruptions after certain food, odors which make you faint, things which specifically cause asthma, etc. Moderate use of alcohol and tobacco does not generally interfere. However marijuana will usually antidote and cocaine will always antidote and should be avoided.
- Electric Blankets: Waterbed warmers and heating pads are OK and will not cause a problem.
- Routine Dental Work: Cleaning of the teeth is OK and does not cause problems. However the actual drilling, and perhaps the chemicals, used in dental work often will antidote Homeopathic medicines.
- Skin Medicines: It is not uncommon for Homeopathic medicines to bring back old skin symptoms. Please do not use locally applied medicine of any kind without first talking to your practitioner. This is especially true of topical steroids.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil will antidote.
- Diagnostic Tests: Blood work will not antidote. Routine X rays are also not a problem. Mammograms or ultrasounds can antidote and MRI’s almost always antidote.
Courtesy of Boiron Canada